Western Region Beach Volley School
WRV provides a safe and supportive beach volleyball environment, which is aimed at developing beginning and junior volleyballers from the North/West region of Melbourne. Based primarily at Maribyrnong Sports Academy, a variety of training groups allows for newcomers to the sport as well as elite juniors from A-AAA levels to be challenged, have fun and learn the game.
The WRV Beach VolleySchool sessions have 3 target groups:
- Junior/Beginner – Juniors new to the sport aged from 10-16 that want to learn the sport and most importantly want to have fun!
- Squad – Athletes aged from 14-23 that are at a national standard, wanting to compete on the Vic Beach and/or Australian Beach Volleyball tours, aiming to be selected in the Junior Volleyball Victoria State team/Australian Junior team. The demographic is based on junior athletes seeking specialised beach volleyball coaching, open for all junior elite athletes across Melbourne.
- Adult/Social – This group is open to all adults who want to be introduced to the sport and/or learn more about it, get some sand fitness, and socialize in a fun and supportive environment.
Day & Time:
- Each group run on Sundays at the Maribyrnong Sports Academy Beach Volleyball Courts (Enter via Gordon St, Maribyrnong 3032), with more sessions and locations added once daylight savings returns!Squad: 12-2pm
- Joey Yigit, Sean Dolan & Callum Trainor.
Joey Yigit is a Beach Volleyball athlete, coach and fulltime teacher. Specialising in elite junior pathways, Joey uses his experiences as a current athlete and teacher to drive his philosophy of getting to know his athletes in order to provide a safe environment in which communication is effective and athletes are challenged to foster their best selves, as athletes and people.
- Head Coach at Western Region Volleyball (WRV) Beach VolleySchool
- Australian Junior Pathways Beach Coach
- Head Coach in the Volleyball Victoria Beach State Team program
- Titles as both a beach and indoor junior national champion
- Currently competing on the Vic Beach and Australian Beach Volleyball Tours
- Maribyrnong Sports Academy Beach Volleyball Centre
Located at Maribyrnong College, River Street, Maribyrnong
WRV Beach Volley School Registration Form:
Beach Volley School costs:
Single Sessions: Payment should be made on the day.
- Squad members: $20 per session.
- Junior and Beginner members: $13 per session.
Block of Five Sessions: These sessions can be used whenever.
- Squad members: $90 per block.
- Junior and Beginner members: $60 per block.
Payment can be in cash or direct payments including electronic transfer can be made to the Bendigo Bank payable to “Western Region Volleyball”
Account details: BSB 633-000 Account Number: 135065621
Reference: Your “Full name” and “beach” e.g. “Ben Brown Beach”. Please email confirmation of payment with details to-