Western Region Volleyball VOLLEYSCHOOL program
The WRV VOLLEYSCHOOL program is ideal for boys and girls of all ages. All school children are welcome to join. Training is conducted all year round.
The major emphasis of the Volleyschool program is for Children to develop their volleyball skills in a fun and encouraging environment. Our program caters for all children and develops volleyball skills through playing the game.
VOLLEYSCHOOL Head Coach: Sean Dolan
Sean is a full time volleyball coach. He is the WRV Coaching Director and has been running the Western Region Junior Volleyschool program for the last 6 years.
Sean (FIVB Level 1) is a current State Indoor coach and Victorian state team coach. Sean also coaches at the Maribyrnong Sports Academy. He has represented Victorian in both Indoor and Beach volleyball and formerly played in the Victorian State League for the Melbourne University Renegades.
Western Region Indoor Volleyschool
WRV provides a safe and supportive volleyball learning environment, which is aimed at developing beginning and junior volleyballers from the North/West region of Melbourne. Based primarily at Maribyrnong Sports Academy, a variety of training groups allows for newcomers to the sport as well as elite juniors to be challenged, have fun and learn the game.
Volleyschool sessions & times
Venue: Maribyrnong Sports Academy Stadium
Time: 5 to 6:30 pm.
Venue: Braybrook Secondary College
Time: 5 to 8 pm.
Western Region Beach Volleyschool
WRV provides a safe and supportive beach volleyball environment, which is aimed at developing beginning and junior volleyballers from the North/West region of Melbourne. Based primarily at the Maribyrnong Sports Beach Volleyball Centre, a variety of training groups allows for newcomers to the sport as well as elite juniors from A-AAA levels to be challenged, have fun and learn the game.
The WRV Beach VolleySchool sessions have 3 target groups:
- Junior/Beginner – Juniors new to the sport aged from 10-16 that want to learn the sport and most importantly want to have fun!
- Squad – Athletes aged from 14-23 that are at a national standard, wanting to compete on the Vic Beach and/or Australian Beach Volleyball tours, aiming to be selected in the Junior Volleyball Victoria State team/Australian Junior team. The demographic is based on junior athletes seeking specialised beach volleyball coaching, open for all junior elite athletes across Melbourne.
- Adult/Social – This group is open to all adults who want to be introduced to the sport and/or learn more about it, get some sand fitness, and socialize in a fun and supportive environment.
Beach Volleyschool Head Coach: Joey Yigit
Joey is a Beach Volleyball athlete, coach and fulltime teacher. Specialising in elite junior pathways, Joey uses his experiences as a current athlete and teacher to drive his philosophy of getting to know his athletes in order to provide a safe environment in which communication is effective and athletes are challenged to foster their best selves, as athletes and people.
- Head Coach at Western Region Volleyball (WRV) Beach VolleySchool
- Australian Junior Pathways Beach Coach
- Head Coach in the Volleyball Victoria Beach State Team program
- Titles as both a beach and indoor junior national champion
- Currently competing on the Vic Beach and Australian Beach Volleyball Tours
Beach Volleyschool session day & times:
- Each group run on Sundays at the Maribyrnong Sports Academy Beach Volleyball Courts (Enter via Gordon St, Maribyrnong 3032), with more sessions and locations added once daylight savings returns!Squad: 12-2pmJunior/Beginner: 2-3:30pmAdult/Social: 2-3:30pm
- Maribyrnong Sports Academy Beach Volleyball Centre
Located at Maribyrnong College, River Street, Maribyrnong
WRV Beach Volley School Registration Form:
Beach Volley School costs:
Single Sessions: Payment should be made on the day.
- Squad members: $20 per session.
- Junior and Beginner members: $13 per session.
Block of Five Sessions: These sessions can be used whenever.
- Squad members: $90 per block.
- Junior and Beginner members: $60 per block.
Payment can be in cash or direct payments including electronic transfer can be made to the Bendigo Bank payable to “Western Region Volleyball”
Account details: BSB 633-000 Account Number: 135065621
Reference: Your “Full name” and “beach” e.g. “Ben Brown Beach”. Please email confirmation of payment with details to-