Western Region Volleyball respectfully acknowledge the past and present traditional owners and custodians of the land of the Wurundjeri people and respect their culture and identity which has been bound up with the land and sea for generations.
WRV is affiliated with: Volleyball Victoria & Australian Volleyball Federation.
The WRV Vision: “To grow, learn and succeed”
- Promoting and develop volleyball.
- Helping our athletes develop into better people.
- Connecting people through volleyball.
The WRV mission:
1. To deliver high quality volleyball events, such as the-
- Maribyrnong Volleyball competition
- Cobblebank- Melton Volleyball competition
- Moonee Valley Championships
- Maribyrnong Championships
- Western Region Championships
- WRV School clinics program
2. To establish a positive learning environment in the WRV Volleyschool program where our members actively contribute towards making their teammates better.
3. To employ expert practices and procedures in providing our athletes with the highest level in volleyball education and quality experiences.
Western Region Volleyball General Manager: Michael Dolan
Michael (FIVB Level 2 coach and Ausport Level 3) is a qualified Physical Education teacher and has been coaching volleyball for over 30 years.
He is the current Volleyball Program Director at the Maribyrnong Sports Academy and has extensive experience at conducting volleyball competitions, tournaments, international tours, training camps and school clinics.
Michael is a current National Junior Development coach, a former multiple gold medal winning state coach and played volleyball with Melbourne University Renegades in the Victorian State League competition.
Western Region Volleyball Coaching Director: Sean Dolan
Sean (FIVB Level 2 coach and Ausport Level 3) has a Degree in Psychological studies and has been coaching volleyball for over 10 years.
He is a current Volleyball coach at the Maribyrnong Sports Academy and is a proven championship gold medal winning coach. He is very experienced at coaching players of all levels and conducting school clinics.
Sean is a current National Junior Development coach as well as a Victorian state team coach. He is a former state indoor and beach representative and played volleyball with Melbourne University Renegades in the Victorian State League competition.